Butler’s Almshouses were built and endowed in 1885 by Elizabeth Butler to house two married couples.

They comprise two semi-detached one-bedroom bungalows built in 1885.  The almshouses were extensively refurbished in 2009.  In selecting residents for accommodation preference is given to married couples of not less than 60 years of age.

Butler’s Almshouses
An external plaque reads ‘These almshouses were erected and endowed by Elizabeth Butler as a thank offering to God October 24 1885.’

Byfield Road is named after the Rev Nicholas Byfield, vicar is Isleworth in 1615.  He was instrumental in the opposition of the setting up of a lime kiln in the Thames river bank.